?

i was dilated to 1 cm and i had sex to try to get labor started tmi when will labor start??

im ready for pregnancy to be over

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Umm... Plain and simple... when the baby & your body are ready. I was dilated to 1 cm 3 weeks before my daughter was born at 40w 1d. Hang in there, you're almost done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• eat the spiciest food you can find
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son is almost 8 weeks old and I felt like you..well I am sure alot of us did at one point. My hubby and I did the deed quite often towards the end to try to initiate labor...sorry to tell you we had no luck! HOWEVER!! I do believe that putting my feet up high against the wall every time for 10-15 minutes with the semen still in did help my cervix to thin out. My son was really low for weeks and my cervix was really thin towards the last weeks but I wasn't dilating, but when it was time to have him my cervix was so thin that I went from 3 cm to 10 cm dilated in a matter of 10 minutes so hang in there.if anything it will help thin out your cervix! Congrats!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have to agree w/ Anon. Your baby will come when he/she is ready.

Honestly, being dilated to 1cm means absolutely NOTHING. That's very minimal. I, and several other women I know, have been dilated past 4-5cm for WEEKS before having a baby.

And sex is not a guaranteed labor starter. If it was, we'd be in the sack all night long! ;) Semen helps to thin the cervix and having an orgasm promotes contractions, but neither of these will typically put you into labor.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yep she/he will come when ready but if you have bloody show and no contractions go to hospital ne way ended up having her via c-section w/ no contractions
    Tessie08

Answer by Tessie08 at 4:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009