Alpha Omega Elite Convertible Carseat

Anyone have anything to say about this seat? I am thinking about getting it. Here are the requirements I want:

35-40lb rearfacing
up to 65lb harness
turns into high back booster
Under $180

Any help would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The Graco My Ride does everything that you want for $150 and it's so soft with cupholders on each side! I love it!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• we have one and i'm sorry to say that it doesn't work for us. my daughter outgrew it in height long before she was big enough to use the booster, although she is still well within the harnessing weight limit. she is 44 inches and 36 pounds. i've heard from alot of people that this is the case.
    i've never used it as a booster, but i've heard that it holds the shoulder strap too far out on the shoulder, thus making it ineffective.
    i don't know what else to suggest for those requirements within that price, hopefully you find something that works for you.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Well, since it harnesses up to 65lbs, I don't think the shoulder strap would make much of a difference. From what I've seen, it doesn't hold it out any further from the other ones.

Sounds like you have a real tall child. That is not the case for us, lol. My daughter is 25lbs and 29inches. Hmmm, searching for a seat is so frustrating!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• here in canada it only harnesses to 50 pounds, that was also one of my deciding factors on not getting a new one for our son when this one expires. it might work for you, but it doesn't for us.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Graco Nautilus is the way to go...http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8112222&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8112222

I have this for my son, and we can use it for a VERY VERY LONG TIME and it's easy to maintain and move from car to car when necessary.
    asalynsedai

Answer by asalynsedai at 3:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The Graco Nautilus doesn't extended rear face, does it? I was already looking at that one, but it doesn't mention rearfacing, just longer harnessing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have one, but mine says weight limit of 110, don't know the height, but I like it for my son.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have an Alpha Omega, but my particular model was discontinued (not for safety, it was just the brown color that it came in, which I'll say is ugly, but it doesn't show stains and heck, I got it for only $80 on clearance!) My son is just turning two, so I don't know about growing out of it too fast, but so far, I love it. We have used it since just before his 1st birthday.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 7:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009