Breastfeeding moms, I have a poop question...

My daughter has been having very loose bowels for about 3-4 days now. She farts and then bright yellow liquid sprays out. I'd say she has filled up 5 or 6 diapers today with those messes. It is not solid at all, very runny. She is 5 months old. The only change to her diet is applejuice, but she only took a few sips because she doesn't really get the hang of a sippy cup. Is it the applejuice? I doubt it...I'm getting worried though.

Bernie19

Asked by Bernie19 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal... My dr. told me to give juice to my daughter when she is constipated. It works as a laxative. Don't worry, sounds normal to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yep mommie its the apple juice.no worries btw im not bf now lol been way done :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• its the apple juice, be careful though with it my daughter developed an allergy to it and is now 5 y/o and if she is given apple juice by a well meaning person she has the runs for 2 days. Our doctor said to switch her to white grape juice and we also tried cranberry they both worked fine and she still loves them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• people use apple juice to get there babies to go when there constipated..so im 99% sure thats it
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• um, lets see. you introduced something new to your baby's diet and now something different is happening in their diaper. it isnt rocket science.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• it could be the apple juice. are you diluting it with water at all? when i first gave my little one apple juice i filled most of the cup up with water and added just tiny bit of juice. it was more like flavored water than actual juice.
    it also could be something different in YOUR diet that is making her bm's different. or perhaps some sort of bug??
    if she's running a temp i'd call the dr. if not, just kinda keep an eye on her and make sure she's not getting dehydrated from going too much.
    good luck :)

and by the way... anon - lets not be so rude, first time mommys,HECK even 7th time mommys are allowed to be concerned even if their question does seem trivial to some. ughhhhh =/
    GA_GiRL0920

Answer by GA_GiRL0920 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• hey maybe if you pat her back, she will burp. or ooooooh i know, maybe if you put her near the edge of the bed, she will fall off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Simple troubleshooting When something happens, ask what changed and then change it back.

I would say it IS the apple juice. Which baby doesn't need anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• why are people being rude,why even post anything,shes asking for advice assholes,no wounder why u posted it anonymous
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• That happens to my toddler when I give him just one cup of straight apple juice. So I'd say it's not too far out there to suspect the apple juice. Try cutting it out and see what happens. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2009