I need more advice on this...

My daughter is being eaten alive by a combination of mosquitos and fleas...what should I do? Ive tried getting her away from where the dogs stay but that doesnt help with the whole mosquito thing..she looks like she has chicken pox but I know its bug bites because it only on the parts NOT covered by clothes

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 2:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh that is so awful! poor thing!!! i really dont know what to tell you! maybe tent your house. im such a clean freak, thats what i would do.
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You need to bomb your house go to wal-mart or target and they will be able to help in there bug dept. Or you can hire someone. you can put calimine lotion on here that will be in wal-mart also. Hope she feels better, poor thing good luck.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• avon has great bug stuff for kids i would look into it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 2:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• This was happening to my DD and I got advantage for my dogs and this powder for our carpets and put it all over the house and washed everything...Its not a problem any more
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Whether or not she's around the area the dogs are, fleas travel, and they multiply FAST. Have you given the dogs a flea treatment? Start there...then you'll probably need to bomb the house. Try oatmeal baths to help with itching, and like the PP said, put calamine lotion on her too.

As for the mosquitoes...tricky little buggers...get mosquito repellent. Both for the area surrounding your house, and to put on your DD when outside (If it's safe for use on kids this young, that is).

Once you deal with the pests, your DD should heal fast.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Those bites that you think are mosquito bites could also be spider bites. Get an exterminator in ASAP.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yeah, get an exterminator, or bomb your house asap!! Wash all the clothes in HOT water, towels, bedding, stuffed toys, etc...
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009