at what does does a woman become an older Mom?

giving birth early thirties.. I HOPE NOT
is 33 an older mom.. i dont really think so..
is 36 an older mom for me kinda i Guess...i dunno'
at what do we become old when givin BIRTH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd say 35, because they say that's when fertility starts to drop.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i would say 35 too..my mom had me when she was 35, and i dunno..theres just to much of an age differance between us..made growing up harder, because times change so much, and we never saw eye to eye on anything..however, with that being said, times ARE changin, and many woman are having babies older and older. i think as long as the woman can adapt to the changes then go for it..but when they get stuck in their old fashioned ways, then no..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree with 35 too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Are you asking the first time become a mom or doesn't matter? For me and people I know, after 30 is an older mom, because most of moms I know they all want to have more kids and it's better to start early. I had my first when I was 31 so I felt old myself when I was giving birth and had third one when I was 34. I told myself I wouldn't have more kids after I passed 35(it is a number I think that is old to have more).
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 3:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• 35 i have to say. I had My DD at 30 almost 31 and I am done having anymore children at almost 32. Do I feel old NOT AT ALL. I am young at heart but baby making days are over but I can practice like my SO says.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• well I was 36 when pregnant with my 3rd and I had advanced maternal age stamped on my file. : (However I do not act my age and don't look my age so alls good. I say in the 40s.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• just fyi - fertility doesn't START to drop at 35, recent studies show it starts to drop much earlier, like in your 20s
    As for the question - i always thought i would be done having kids by the time i was 30, and I was - i had 3 kids and that was enough. But I was divorced, and then remarried a guy who never had kids, so I had another, and turned 35 three months before he was born. Is that old? Had you asked me in my 20s, i would have said yes. But I actually feel younger, more confident and more patient now than I was when I had my kids in my 20s. I would say 45.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had my first at 35 and my second at 37 - I, too, had that big "advanced maternal age" stamp across my forehead for both...
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had my last baby at 38. I know that was considered advanced maternal age, although I felt fine during pregnancy, no problems, easy birth. Now, with a 13 year old at age 51, I have days when I totally feel like an old mom!
    PamR

Answer by PamR at 8:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• "i would say 35 too..my mom had me when she was 35, and i dunno..theres just to much of an age differance between us..made growing up harder, because times change so much, and we never saw eye to eye on anything..however, with that being said, times ARE changin, and many woman are having babies older and older. i think as long as the woman can adapt to the changes then go for it..but when they get stuck in their old fashioned ways, then no.."

I don't think it is age, but personality. My mom had my sister when she was 25 and me when she was 41 and dad 54 (I am 33 now). I am more like my parents and have more common interests with them than my sister.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2009