do u have to have alot money to give your child a chance to really excel.. in dancing; a sport.. music.. i love americans got talent.

BUT man to be that trained in anything MUST cost some bread and butter!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• m daughters only 5, but i do have her in swimming, dance and soccer..can i afford it?? no, not really..but i sacrafice so that she can have fun doing what she wants to do.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Do we have the money? Probably. Are our kids in extracurricular activities right now? No.

Our children are 2, 3, and 4 and they will have due time to figure out what they'd like to do with their life. If one of them asked to participate in an EC activity, we might consider it. But as it stands right now, we enjoy our family time together and they can exercise their interests at home.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• To some degree, I would think so, particularly in dance, figure skating, horse back riding, etc. If someone has natural talent in a sport, they can shine through school and get somewhere I think, and T Ball isn't that expensive.

My three year old daughter is doing swimming and dance this fall, her therapist said it would be great for her.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I to like american got talent also.

My DD is 15 months old and yes she is in swimming lessons, and we also do momma baby group (that cost just a snack every 3 weeks) If my child wants to do EC activitys i will come up with the $$.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i want to let my dd try out some ec activities but im gonna try ymca and school activities although i really want to get her into gymnastics i think she will love it that and swimming lessons hopefully i can find them for reasonable prices if not ill do what i can as long as she wants to do them

Tessie08

Answer by Tessie08 at 4:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I wish I did. Hopefully that will change within the next few years when I get my Bachelor's degree. Woo Hoo!!! :)
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 4:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• For one child to that extent, yes, but not for all three children.
    Neither of them are passionate about anything at this time, which helps a lot, but I encourage them to try many different activities so they can possibly find something they like.
    My oldest is 20 years old and is a new mom.
    My 18 year old is a Senior and is enjoying her final year of high school. She does enjoy the Drama Club, though.
    My 15 year old likes to attend Drama Club, but it's more of a social time for her.
    In the past they have danced, sang, acted, played an instrument, done cheerleading, gymnastics, and martial arts.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my daighter does swimming but we got her pretty far/shes cheerleading ...but she really like tennis.and thats expensive....i dont feel the lessons are getting her anywhere.she is just lining up with the others and lobbying the ball she has been playing for a couple of yrs so i have to talk to them...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 8:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes we do, our oldest DD who is three and half does competitive cheer and dance and we bought her her first race car to start learning how to race this next summer we have also hired her a racing coach we did that last winter.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009