The "Story" of stuff?

Have you heard of it? Well it is being taught in our schools to 9 year old kids. I want you guys to take a moment and LISTEN to this crap!
I am irked! These are the most ignorant statements ever!

She talks about Babies who are breast fed get the most amount of toxic chemicals from their mothers milk yet she then says breast is best!

Then she quotes Bush, saying Bush did not say for people to pray or grieve during 9/11 which is FALSE! She says he said to shop which he did say, to go out shop and continue our everyday lives to show that the terrorist were not going to ruin the way we live.

Then she goes on about how we see way more TV ads in a year then people did 50 years ago! Well DUH! People only had 3-5 channels back then if they were even able to HAVE a TV.
Tell me what you think about this "Story" of Stuff and should it be in schools?
Link Below!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• This is rediculious, everyone is entitled to there opinion however pushing it on a 9 yr old is completely wrong
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 3:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• question........ did you child tell you what this teacher did and said? and obviously paraphrase it.
    or did you witness these?
    because they might not be saying everything and there could be a few important sentences that have been missed here
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ok i clicked on the link after my comment posted... so this lady is saying this, not a teacher and so you have actually seen her saying it? this annie woman?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i'm watching this and it is taking forever. and her head tilt is making me crazy, so i'm listening while strolling through cafemom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• 3:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Yes the Annie woman makes all these outrageous remarks. If you watch the whole video (which I know is long) you can hear all these remarks which shows how uninformed she is. You can tell she is about pushing her / the sponsors agenda in persuading our children to think their toys and what their parents buy is destroying the Earth, she even goes as far as saying "big stores" don't supply health care to employees. They supply where they did all the research but if you back research because they paraphrase the articles and studies they use you can see how wrong the statements are. Now I am NOT saying that us using new energy resources and recycling is wrong i think it is a great thing to teach our kids, but telling a 9 year old that a 15 year old in Mexico made their radio for NO profit is wrong.
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Like the 50% of taxes goes to the military is wrong it is less then 20%, She says we are destroying forests but we replant the trees we use (ie tree farms). No one owns the amazon forest so of course NO ONE is RESPONSIBLE to replant the trees. She says that our houses are bigger now like thats a bad thing? She goes on about BFR's I bet she didn't know fire related death because of this fire retardant has dropped 20% since 1971. Gah I can go on all day about how wrong she is lol!
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Um, your link doesn't back up your statements. Where are you getting your view from?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I watched this video and thought it was ridiculous. Our school district is NOT doing it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

__________________
    the link is the video of what is shown to my 9yr old. the ladyy talking is a moron who can't read her own footnotes and she bolde face lies to get her point across. Example she clearly says the military gets 50% of our tax dollars this in NOT true they get 20%
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009