Has anyone heard of prepaid legal?

What did u think? a few
people have been talking to me about it.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 4:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I had the service for a few years. They were fine as far as taking care of speeding tickets and sending dirty letters to people trying to pull one over on me. Never had to use them for major legal issues.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No, I've never heard of it.
    Can you explain it, please?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My best friend sells it
    Ashleighrose

Answer by Ashleighrose at 7:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yea, I have wondered myself if it was a rip off or scam... It could be useful if its legit..
    MySpaceMomof3

Answer by MySpaceMomof3 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, I've heard of it. It's like having a lawyer on permanent retainer in case you need a lawyer lickety-split. I've never used it though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's a good deal...like $26 a month and you get free consults, will, living will, identity guard (and if it is taken they fix it at no cost to you), each year you get so many hours of court time free.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've looked into it, and we had another form of legal insurance some years ago. Turned out to NOT be worth it. You get simple letters and a will, that sort of thing....but when it comes to the serious lawsuit stuff you're still paying hefty fees. It's not something I'd buy again.

Legalzoom.com has a lot of the basic forms you'll ever need.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No because it is stupid.I have heard of it .My moms friend use to sell it.It is like a pyramid scam.I have two friends who are lawyers .I get free legal advice and free documents done for me.Like wills and live in trusts.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 9:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes I have heard of it... I will tell you it is not a scam... When I was with my ex he got a speeding ticket out of state because he was a truck driver they took care of it and fought it for him and he got out of it.... So I say if you have the option to purchase it do, they will help you if you get into trouble...
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've heard of it from an old co worker and it was something my husband and I was not interested in. It didn't seem like it would be all that useful.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009