Stage 3...and 9-12

My DD is starting stage 3 baby food, but she doesn't like the meat...and I can't find many veggies....and I also can't find 9-12 month clothes.......I am confused why this stage is lacking....

norasmom1229

Asked by norasmom1229 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The "stage" is simply a different amount of food, as far as the clothes, if she is old enough to be eating food, she should have well outgrown 9-12 mo clothes, I always bought my kids baby clothes a little big so they had time to grow into them.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ok well growth in babies are not set in stone...she was a premmie and will have to wear 9-12...and she doesn't eat regular food.not whole anyway..I alway puree some of the veggies we have with dinner and she has that...sorry if I wasn't clear...maybe that will help will a more helpful answer.
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• How old is she? My dd is almost 9 months and I skipped the pureed meats and went to those meat sticks. They're extremely tender and I just take off the peel around them. I started her with turkey sticks and will try chicken soon, but she absolutely loves them! She has 5 teeth, though. But they are very very very soft! As far as clothes, the most I've seen from 9-12 is at Wal-mart. Every other place I've been to like Target or Babies R Us doesn't have a whole lot in that size.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my son is 9 months and only eats the baby fruit. DR said he need mostly formula at this age anyway. i feed him meat when i eat something im starting him on table food. he only has 2 teeth though. as far as the clothes i use to get mine at wal mart or family dollar
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son is eating table food and still hasn't outgrown 9-12 month clothes. I buy most of his at the Carter's outlet or his gmothers make them, so I can't help you out there (unless you have a Carter's outlet close by). The stage 3 foods are not the same as the other stages, they are chunkier. We didn't use the stage 3's - went straight to dicing up whatever we were eating. But I do know that different grocery stores here have drastically different product offerings in the baby aisle - have you tried a different market?

Answer by missanc at 8:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• She is 8 months... and we do have a carter's store and a children's place, those stores are 45 mins away...so I only go when I have a few things to do in that town....I just wasn't sure what is safe to feed her...we along with the DR held back of any food aside from cereal until she was 6 months so I don't want to over power her little stomach!
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The things that we went to instead of stage 3 foods - regular applesauce, no sugar added (he loves the ones with the flavor added - like the strawberry or blueberry applesauce Healthy Harvest, made by Motts? or White House?); avocado; sweet potato; peas, mashed through fork; sliced cheese melted on toast and then torn in small bites; whole wheat pasta twirls, diced up; carrots, steamed until soft and then mashed through back of fork - just a couple ideas in case you can't find much in stage 3's. There definitely isn't as much variety in 3's as there is in 2's, not around here anyway.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I know how you feel about the clothing! I was in the same boat until I started looking at the weights, not the size. Some brands do 0-3, 3-6, 6-9, then jump to 12 months while just a handful of other brands have an 9-12 month size. I know it's odd. Just check the weights on them and you should be OK.

for exampe:  http://www.theperfectpear.com/includes/sizechart-wb.htm

while others follow this chart:  http://www.apparelsearch.com/size_chart_infants_and_toddlers.htm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My DD is 10 months. We still use the stage 2 foods because there is more of a selection for her. It's annoying that the stage 3 has so little, but I guess it's because babies start eating more of "real" food instead of the baby food. My daughter loves the puffs (Gerber puffs, but we buy the Parents Choice brand) and biter biscuts and the Gerber Wheels. We've tried the yogurt melts and she seems to like them but she doesnt get those as often. She's started eating dry cereal, cheerios and rice krispies. She loved corn and green beans (actually veggies) and we've given her real meat. The baby food kind is just discusting and she refuses them anyway.

As for the clothes, if you can find just the 12 months, she shoud be fine. It'll be a little big. Walmart doesn't really do the 9-12 month thing except for onsies (that I've seen and with a few exceptions) and Target is the same way. Good Luck!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Lol, I remember when my son was fitting in the 9 month clothes, and I called it the "between" size, because I couldn't find anything either!! You can always get a few things for her in the 12month size and throw 'em in the dryer on high heat. As far as stage 3 foods - Gerber makes some stage 3 fruits (but they're still really runny) and rice & beans. Many moms make their own baby food - ask for some recipes on here - you'll probably get a decent response. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 11:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009