• In the Spotlight:

Which are the best books/guides for raising a vegetarian baby?

I want to raise my daughter (and any future children) on a vegetarian diet. She is nine months old, so this has not really been an issue so far. However, she will be weaned from formula in the months to come (unfortunately, I stopped producing breastmilk when she was only three weeks old) and will therefore being needing more and more from other foods. I know how to to get the right amount of vitamins, proteins, etc on an adult vegetarian diet, but of course this is different. I am not a vegan, so dairy and eggs are all right.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should go find a Registered Dietitian and ask them to help you plan a diet for your child. That way your dd will get everything she needs. http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/home_21343_ENU_HTML.htm
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, I am considering consulting a nutritionist.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2009