Too outspoken on abortion for the vatican?

For suddenly departing politicans and CEOs, the standard line is to "spend time with my family." Now the Catholic church may have its own version of this unconvincing, stock answer. On Monday controversial Scranton Bishop Joseph Martino stunned longtime church-watchers by announcing that he was resigning his post because of problems with insomnia and fatigue.

The controversial Catholic leader, who has gained national prominence for his outspoken pro-life advocacy and aggressive criticism of pro-choice Democratic politicians, was still more than a decade away from reaching the Church's automatic retirement age of 75. Martino's abrupt resignation, along with the fact that he was not reassigned to another position within the Church, has some church insiders suggesting that the highly unusual move was far from voluntary

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090902/us_time/08599191996900

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 7:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If it comes out that the man is dying will you even care?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

What do you mean, will I care? I didn't state my opinion one way or the other..I don't believe in politics being mixed with church (which this priest did) but I have stated nothing about why this man steping down...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The Catholic Church is notorious (I am Catholic) for having an opinion, but never really being too outspoken about the opinion, in order to stay politically correct. Plus, the Catholic Church has a higher percentage of Democrats, and I am sure the church wants to keep it's own lobby.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 9:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You cared enough to notice in the first place
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sweets, every time I open one of your posts the first thing I see is a snarky or degrading comment from an anon. Do you need some stalker repellent? :)

As for your post. Who knows what the deal is, only time will tell with the Catholic Church. They are very good and concealing information.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I love that term, snarky! Makes me laugh! So descriptive, and apropo! Good comment!
    islandwalker

Answer by islandwalker at 11:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I love that term, snarky!

She uses it often when anonymously stalking other people here. For all her complaining the question still hasn't been answered by the OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Anon you just keep coming back for more, the very definition of a stalker. Sorry, I don't do anon, and my opinion on the feature is very well documented on cm: Please get rid of anonymous

Nice try though. Oh and it is not Mrs.sweetakins' job to answer the question, she is the one posing it genius.
    SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

LOL..Its so nice to be the center of attention!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009