I suck at cooking chicken

Everytime I just want to cook them in a frypan on the stove, the outside is always way past welldone and the inside takes freakin forever. I've tried slow cooking them on lower heat but they end up dried out. What the hell am I doing wrong? The same thing happens to me when I do porkchops in the frypan!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My mom used to brown the chicken, reduce the heat to between medium & low and cover the pan. It keeps the heat in so it kind of "bakes" then she takes the lid off the last 10 minutes and turns the heat up a bit to crisp it again.

I brown mine in oil in a skillet then transfer to a baking pan and bake it for 35 minutes at 350. You'd never know it was baked.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i bake my chicken its easy just bake in the oven at 350* for 1 hour..( you can add butter, maple surup sounds weird i know but yummy ) also same with porkchope in a 350* oven for about 20-25 mins. ( i bread mine or even shake and bake. ) and the season in the bag is yummy ( thats in the spice ilse of the store.near the gravey....the porkchop one is really good and country styal chicken looks funny but soooo yummy. )
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Stop frying and start baking or grilling. You will be much happier with the result.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Well thanks for the answers ladies but they do turn out right in the oven or grill. Just curious if there was a secret or something to the frypan that I was missing.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If you don't want to bake them, maybe try a grill pan w/ the ridges - I use one of those and never have a problem - that way, you'd have just parts of the meat touching the cooking surface, not the entire piece of meat on the bottom of the pan...cook them low and covered maybe?
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009