swine flu vaccine linked to deadly nerve disease

http://www.examiner.com/x-7137-Atlanta-Alternative-Medicine-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Warning-Swine-Flu-Shot-Linked-to-Killer-Nerve-Disease

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

Just thought I'd share...

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 8:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• And it begins lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Guillain-Barre Syndrome is pretty rare, and you can get it even after having a stomach bug, or getting the flu vaccination.

Oh and it doesn't kill you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• GBS CAN and WILL kill you if you don't get treatment quick. It causes paralysis starting out and moving in. If you are not put on ventilation during GBS you WILL die. You can get GBS from all sorts of things. But-it seems like this vaccine is really bringing it out overseas.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• nobody is forcing anyone to have the vaccine. if you are afraid of it dont get it. what the hell is the big deal?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• OK, I understand the concern. New vaccines are scary, GBS is scary. My question is, why can't this info be found in a reputable news source or science news source. Is there anything from the AP on this? Publications from a major university? I don't think I will be lining up for this particular innoculation, but I just want to be swayed by a real, reputable, non-biased source.

21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 10:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Generally speaking, any medical procedure, therapy or medication has the potential to cause harm. It just depends on how an individual responds, whether the end result will be a positive or negative. How many times have you signed a medical consent and they can tell you 1 of the adverse effects could be death?

Like a PP said, NO ONE (even hc workers, which I am 1) is being forced to be vaccinated.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• water causes harm, taking a shower causes harm, driving to work causes harm. i dont see anyone ceasing their swimming activities for fear of drowning or showering for fear of falls or working for fear of dying in an accident, but yet they all carry more of a risk than the flu vaccine.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Wow. .... some people seem to be pro-vaccine no matter what. ... These articles are coming from the health profession itself. I would take that very seriously !

READ the articles ! Don't dismiss them out-of-hand just because you dislike anti-vaccine ideas !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Guillain-Barre is one of the leading causes of non-trauma-induced paralysis in the world.
    You don't need a flu shot to get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2009