Why mourn

Why do people mourn a miscarriage and not an abortion? They're both just medical waste, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it's a question of whether or not the baby is wanted, it's a question of whether or not it's a baby.

It is hypocritical to call it a baby when you miscarry but a fetus or "clump of cells" when you want to abort. It's all semantics to make yourself feel better about doing something that you know isn't right.

Why is the loss of a child more tragic when it is miscarried as opposed to when it is aborted?  Either both are babies and should be grieved, or neither are babies and it shouldn't be such a big deal, right????

Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• a child IMO is just that at the moment of conception. until this world understand that, this stupidity will continue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Because people choose to have an abortion - they didn't want the child anyway, why would they mourn? IMO, no - they are not "medical waste," they were children who either passed away naturally (miscarriage) or were killed (abortion).

Answer by missanc at 8:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• they didn't chose for their baby to die and they have a right to mourn. as for an abortion that should be enough to make anyone cry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Women do mourn abortions. It is a very tough decision for a woman to make and she has to deal with it the rest of her life.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 8:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Because with a miscarriage you wanted that baby and it hurts to lose it.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

I'm confused. Pro-abortionists say aborted babies aren't human, they're just medical waste, and there's no difference between the aborted fetus and the miscarriage fetus. I want a million dollars but if I can't have it I don't mourn. I really want to understand. What is the difference between the two babies that makes one disposable?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ummm... wow... OP- trying to guage if the "medical waste" comment was sarcastic of not...

You have obviously never lost a child. I will not touch the abortion portion of this comment, but I will speak on behalf of the women that have endured a miscarriage. A miscarriage is the body's natural process of expelling a fetus. It is spontaneous and feared by many.
    My daughter was not miscarried, but she was stillborn at 36 weeks.
    I find your medical waste comment rude, insensitive and ignorant. To people that have lost a child, that is incredibly insulting to the child that was lost. I hope that you never have to deal with losing a child.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• PPL do mourn an abortion. some dont want to get it done but do bc theres something wrong with the baby. others get it bc they were rapped or something.. a lot of women mourn abortion bc the regret doing it... n its common sense y ppl mourn a miscarriage
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I find your medical waste comment rude, insensitive and ignorant.

If you paid attention, you'd find it was a direct quote of pro-abortionists who use it to defend why abortion is no big deal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2009