what would be the opposite of a father daugher dance?

I just found out that our school is having its first ever "father daughter" dance this year. I said "thats soo cool, what are we doing for moms and sons". The answer - nothing.
This doesn't fly with me. How can we have a special function just for girls with out having something just as fun for boys?

But WHAT to do?

tristansmom74

Asked by tristansmom74 at 9:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in

• What about mom and son carnival day. that would be really fun
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• A mother , son dance.

Answer by louise2 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree with louise, a mother son dance! Or how about some kind of mother son baseball or basketball game?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Our school has mother/son bowling.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I am a member of the PTO at our school and every year we have a "family" dance. That way nobody is left out no matter who they live with or if they are a boy or a girl.
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 11:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• 4hens - I was told that the reason they were making it a father daughter dance is to get the fathers involved. Because the mothers are always the ones who show up and do everything anyway but if its a FATHER daughter dance the dads HAVE to come.

This is not my way of thinking, its someone elses.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I really hate those type things because what about the kids that have no mom or no dad, that is why our school doesn't fo that very offen, last year it was daddys and dounuts and year before it was mommys and muffins, I am mommy and daddy so i went to both, but you can tell its not the same. Can you imagine a father daughter dance everone gets new formal dresses and has all these great memories and your father is dead, deployed or just not around and everyone is so excited but you. Why cant people think of something better, like a picnic or outing that all parents and all familes even the poorest can afford to participate in?
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• oh wow blue glass. Yeah, I remember how I used to feel when I was a single momma but I forgot. This is casual so no formal dresses ect. But yeah, I might ask them to rethink this.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yeah my dad died when i was six and now my kids have no fathers either and it sucks i guess, i don't know whats worse my daughter with no father but i am used to that growing up that way, but my son is going to start cub scouts this year. But I will figure it out!!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Well, my son has a father but I'm still the one who takes him to cubscouts.
    tristansmom74

Answer by tristansmom74 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009