How old was your child the first time you and DH went away without them?

My B-day is coming up and me and dh are going to Vegas. I'm so excited to be going and to spend a little time with dh. I'm not so excited to leave my lo. To top it off she has slept through the night since she was born until two weeks ago. She started waking up every 2-3 hrs crying for me (She sleeps in her own room). She is just now starting to sleep through the night again. I'm worried if we leave it will mess her schedule up again because when she calls for me I won't be there. My sil is going to take care of her. My daughter sees her every so often so she's not too comfortable with her. We will only be gone for two days but I really feel like telling dh I don't want to go anymore. Mind you this is the first time we are leaving her. What do you think? Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• my husband left for basic training when our son was 7 months old. when our son was 15 months old and my husband was in tech school, i let our son stay with my inlaws and i flew to see him. she will be fine. i cried so much when i left my son, called him everyday, and had a video camera of things he did that i had taken with me so i could watch it when i missed him. lol.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You won't be gone long enough to screw up her schedule too bad. You can fix it when you get back if she does get off schedule. Just enjoy the time away so you can come back refreshed and ready to take over again.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i think you should go and enjoy your self.she will be fine... she is in gud hands right?,. kids ulsey behave better for other ppl than they do for there own parnets and this will be gud for her too ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2009