Birth Control

Would you say putting your daughter on birth control is giving her permission to have sex?

grandmasix

Asked by grandmasix at 9:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• no!! tell her she is getting older and there are mean ppl out there and u know eventually it will happen and u want her to be protected and explain it dont prevent stds or other dieases and what i mean by mean ppl every 1 knows there is raping out there eplain u think its for her own good not a ticket too have sex..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• thats what my husband thinks. and in a sense it kinda does, it says if she has sex she cant get pregnant. But I kinda think it woud be a really good precouison
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• and when i started birth control it wasn't b/c I was having sex, it was b/c i had really heavy periods, and that helped me
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If your daughter is likely to have sex with or without your permission, then it's better that she is on birth control than getting pregnant. I certainly didn't wait for my parents permission or approval to start having sex.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had to start taking bc when I was 14 because I had cyst so it just depends on what reason. If it is to prevent pregnancy then yes I would say its giving her permission.
    MomOfFour24

Answer by MomOfFour24 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• no. put on a chemical birthcontrol and have the banana and condom talk with her. latex can save her life.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2009