Another period after just 2 weeks?

Ok, here is the scoop. I thought I had what was my period two weeks ago. For about 4 days I bled but the color was unusual. It was brown/maroon and since it lasted for 4 days and I did need a pad, I thought I had my period. So fast forward to this morning, and all of a sudden I feel a lot of pain, like as if it were period cramps. So I checked out of curiosity to see if I was bleeding and I was. Not a lot, just enough to leave on the toilet. Now I'm confused. I don't know if that's normal or not. On the day of the *first* period I had 2 weeks ago, a doctor gave me a pregnancy test and it was negative too.

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 9:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• All kinds of weirdness is normal postpartum. Are you on birth control pills? The minipill is known to cause a similar problem.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No, no pill and my baby was born 7 months ago.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 9:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2009