I am 3 months pregnant and I am sick. I was wondering if I can use vicks vapor rub?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can always call your OB's office and ask a nurse about which medications are OK when you're pregnant. They're very good at answering this sort of question.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I dont even use it when Im not pregnant..it has been proven that it causes problems,chest problems
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I know the bottle say not to use while pregnant. But I asked my doctor when I was and he said it was fine. Just do not put it up in your nose. Rub on your throat and under your nose. Hope it helps and hope you feel better soon.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Can you show me something that will prove that it causes chest problems?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It was not on my list of okay'd medicines so I asked the pharmacist about it. She couldn't find anything that said not to use it, so she said if I could get by without it, then I should probably not use it. Or if I needed it, just to use it sparingly. I decided to pass on it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009