How do you save money????

Legal and illegal ways. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I:

save all my change in jars, redeem it at coinstar for giftcards for gifts
    collect my coworkers' recycling and take it in for cash
    cancelled my netflix, gym membership and 4 of my credit cards
    have an automatic savings transfer every month
    run all my phone service through my cell
    use free wifi to access the net
    get new books through paperbackswap.com (books cost me postage only vs. full price)
    coupon clip
    bargain hunt (comparison shop, wait for sales)
    shop at resale, consignment or thrift shops when possible
    dollar stores, club stores, mom and pop stores (whichever suits my need for an item)
    bulk shop when reasonable
    wash my own car ($5-7 per wash vs. $25 at the car wash)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• coupons....
    and we got boot-leg cable. it has every channel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Coupons and free internet from getting a signal from our neighbor. My hubby gets change out of junk vehicles at the junk yard he works at.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• coupons. My mom has a garden so she gives us lots of veggies. Our deep freeze is stocked full. I buy most of all our clothes at yard sales, then sell them at consignment shops to make my money back. I sign up for free coupons and free samples from several web-sites.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We budget, set money aside in a high yeild savings account and don't touch it. Look at your current spending habbits and see whatyou can cut out or cut back on. Do you really need a home phone and a cell phone, for example? Do you need to each out 2x a week or is once ok? Can you pass up candybar? etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We started raising and butchering our own meat. Buy in bulk when feasable. When the jug of milk gets about 1/2 down i add a little powdered milk to it to stretch it. We may go out once a month to dinner. Drink a lot of water, tea and kool-aid instead of sodas. Cook a lot from scratch instead of "out of a box". Winter is just around the corner and we cover the windows with plastic and make sure everything is "cinched down". We tend to put off going to the stores to about once a month and making one trip instead of several. (we live about 70 miles from the nearest Walmart)
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We just started we've never had money to save. I have been putting my tips in a jar, but we used them all to pay babysitters
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We have a budget we stick to and that has a savings built in. As soon as DH gets paid the allotted amount gets transferred to savings. We just downsized our cellphone plan. My DH has no phone now and mine is text only. We bought a membership to the aquarium instead of paying out of pocket each time. That paid for itself in two visits and we go all the time. We skip the junk food as much as we can. Just double think before we buy things... do we really need it or not? We don't do anything illegal.. because it's illegal.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• in my saving account....lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2009