Ooops! I just yelled at my kids, punched and slammed their door!

I feel bad! But first of all, they woke up extra early and woke up the baby because they started fighting for the TV at 7:30 this morning! I woke up and said to them how rude of you to be so inconsiderate! From then on they have been fighting, bickering, yelling and being really mean to eachother! Now they are quiet as can be and in the same room. I don't usually do this! I really never yell and never, ever hit although at times boy, I could! LOL! So I punched their bedroom door and slammed it shut!
Did you ever lose it like this?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• You just showed then who is the boss in the family that's all.

Answer by louise2 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• That wasn't the best way to handle the situation! You should have separated them and explained in a calm but firm manner why you are upset with them.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• IT HAPPENS..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You might have "showed them who's boss" but you also taught them, by example how to deal with frustration the wrong way!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 10:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've done that too. I have 5 kids of my own and five others that float thro the house. This way the kids know who's boss. When the young ones get to fighting I have set them out on the front step and made them hug each other for at least half an hour-IN FRONT OF THEIR FRIENDS WHEN THEY WALK BY. I've also made them hold hands walking to school and back. And of course I will follow them in the car to make sure they hang on the whole time. They hate it!
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009