2 mth old sleeping in swing at night

Ok so my 2 mth old will not sleep at night unless in his swing. He will take naps in his crib/bassinet during the day and then when we put him to bed at 9 will go in his bed but then is up at 2:30 and will not go back to sleep until hes put in the swing or if you rock him all night long. Is it really that bad if i just let him sleep in the swing for now and train him later to sleep in the crib? i guess its either the swing or he sleeps in our bed cause i cant stay up all night long trying to get him to sleep in his bed. Help anyone?

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY 1ST BABY HE WAS LIKE THAT I LET HIM SLEEP IN SWING THAT THE ONLY WAY I COULD GET ANY REST
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My 1st was like that too. He LOVED his swing. He'd nap in it all the time. He slept wonderfully at night, but if for some reason if something woke him up, he wouldn't go back to sleep, so I'd put him in it and boom, he was sound asleep. It was the best think on earth. And it was one of the wind up ones... I think the click-click-click as it was swinging was also soothing.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son slept in his swing a TON while he was a baby... I would lessen the amounts the older he gets but I know now he still needs the noise of the fan which is fine. Hey, if it works - go for it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ours was like that- she ended up sleeping with us b/c i was nursing and it was so much easier to roll over than drag myself out of bed at three am. she moved to her crib around 5-6 months and has been good since
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ok thanks for all who replied now how old was your lil one when they started sleeping in their bed and how did you get them too.....i really hate starting bad habits but this one has been started by my husband and now i just worry how bad it will be to break the habit
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter slept in her swing EVERY NIGHT. I was worried about the endless motion and my doc said not to worry about that..she was more concerned about her sleeping sitting up..but hey if you child has reflux its even better! She slept in that swing for her naps and at night and she turned out just fine! Then one day she just started sleeping in her crib, and now has learned to arch her back so we can't even get her in the swing! Don't worry..put your baby in the swing and get some sleep!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 10:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i think my dd was 3 months. she wouldn't sleep until she was in the swing, and one day we had a babysitter who put her to sleep in her crib..and she slept in her crib from then on. I don't know if it will help but we started doing a bed time routine (walk, bath, bottle, bed) and she now sleeps from 8 at night to 7 in the morning.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 10:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would have never done that with my first baby. I did everything by the book back then. The truth is, the baby will be fine in the swing until he can sit up or roll. There is no way he could flop out of the swing right now or get hurt in any way. Just be sure to buckle him in and keep the swing right next to you so you wake if he makes any kind of sound at all. Keep trying the bassinet still every night until he takes to it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2009