Who Cleans?

This is for working and non-working moms... I'm just wondering how it works in your home. For the most part every one here picks up after themselves, but I do all the cleaning. This morning I wake up (I went to bed early) and my SO's dinner plate is sitting on the counter. So not only was food left out all night, but now I get to scrap his plate and all that jazz. It really aggravated me. How hard is it to rinse your plate and put it in the dishwasher?? I guess I'm just venting...

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 10:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we both do cleaning equally. andy picks up his toys. i do all the cooking all the time.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I DO ALL THE COOKING AND CLEANING AND BATHS FOR KIDS AND HE WORKS AND TAKES THE TRASH OUT ..
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I feel you. It is the same in my house.

Answer by louise2 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have a wonderful husband-thank God. He is a wonderful help. We both work and we work as a team at home as well. The kids...we're workin on that.
    auntj

Answer by auntj at 10:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My husband helps, however, he will still do stupid things like leave his dinner plate in the sink or the counter. I mean come on, if I did all the rest of the dishes and all I left you was the plate YOUR food was on, you couldn't wash that? We dont have a dishwasher
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• OMG!! MY DH does the same thing...it's impossible for him to rinse his plate and put it in the dishwasher that is one step away! For the most part I do the cleaning. Dh helps with the everyday pick up. The kids clean up after themselves pretty much, except their bedroom. It gets inspected by Dh once a week! LOL.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I found a yucky plate on the counter this morning too. And a yucky counter top. Hubby said he'd clean up a bit and put away his dish last nigh. I went to bed before he did and what i woke up to was NOT clean. lol Oh well. Had to clean other stuff anyway. Guess you can see who cleans around my house ;) Just mopped. And in a bit I'll unload and reload the dishwasher.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My husband will do the dishes or "pick up" the house and he mow's the lawn..wooohoo... I do the bills, errands for household, laundry, litter box, clean the whole house, grocery shopping, drop off and pick up our son from daycare .. the list can keep going.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I stay home my husband works 70 hours a week so I do all the cleaning. I don't see why he should have to clean after a long day. He does pick up after himself as does my son. My son is in school from 8:30-3:30 so I have plenty of time to clean, prep for meals, do laundry, run errands and pay bills. My husband does mow the yard when he can. I usually mow and do all the yard work if I can so he can spend the weekend with us instead of yard work or a honey do list.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I stay home so I do more... usually. My DH helps whenever I need it or when he notices something needs done.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009