Have you ever actually served on a jury or were you dismissed when called for jury duty?

If you served, was the case interesting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have been called for two murder cases and served one time. I would do anything to get out of it if called again. I still have nightmares from the crime scene photos. The two brothers broke into a house with 5 people 3 men and 2 women. One of the women was dating of the guys the others were friends. The guy was going to ask her to marry him soon and the killers stole that ring. They raped the women multiple times and then forced the men and women to perform sex acts on each other. They drove them to get money out of the ATM and then drove them all to a soccer field and shot them all in the back of the head execution style then drove over their bodies with a truck. One of the women survived and walked naked in the freezing cold and was saved. Her boyfriend and friends all died. They also killed another person and were just all round douche bags. I am proud to say we sentenced those bastards to death.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've had jury duty a few times over the years. I've never NOT had to go! The first time I was dismissed. The second time I served as Juror #4 on a murder trial that lasted for about 6 weeks and then we were sequestered during deliberations. The last time I served on a civil matter and was there for the day. We'll see what happens next time!!!
    HalloweenTwins

Answer by HalloweenTwins at 11:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have had it once, and I went to the court house, and was told we could leave about 45 minutes later. The guy took the plea, so we were not needed. Here you get $5 a day for jury duty, but you have the option to donate it. I donated it.
    haileysmom2833

Answer by haileysmom2833 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've always wanted to be on jury duty but haven't been called to. Hopefully someday & hopefully I'll actually get something interesting
    braydensmommy03

Answer by braydensmommy03 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ive been summoned a couple of times but always got out of it due to family issues.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have been called for jury service 3 times. I have never served. Twice because I was called in a county in which I no longer lived and once I was given a deferment because I was breastfeeding at the time. (That county allowed deferment for that...)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I always get out of it because I've had crimes commited against me which they think will make me biased.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've been called to jury duty 3 times and never served. Apparently they didn't like the answers I gave when filling out the questionnaire and being questioned by the clerk.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had to go twice and they were very interesting cases. Both cases were prison cases and both times the guys were found guilty. Its amazing to hear other people on the jurys opinion about why they do or dont believe the guy was guilty. The first guy stabbed another inmate and I cant remember what the second case was about but it was probably the same kind of thing.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2009