read me!!!!!

ladies okay my son is 5 months this 9th and I want to put him daycare but I dont really trust daycares but I have to because I have founda really great job that pays very good and I want to go for it but I feel like Iam being selfish and that I should be spending this time at hom,e with my newborn..I feel like he will for get me if I start to work this job its 16 hours aday and 6 days a week......what should i do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is a lot of time away from him. Mt son will also be 5 months in a few days and I have been working since he was 2 months old I work from 7:40am-5pm M-TH (not as much as you will but I'm still away) he never forgets me the moment I walk in to get him from the sitter or his grandparents he smiles and is so happy to see me and I always put him to bed at night. It's so hard when you have a baby. If you're ok with being away that much than I thinkt hat is your choice. I have a hard time being away for 4 days a week and am trying to do something just 2-3 days but that's just how I feel. I think for me it's not worth missing all his firsts (I will miss some) and the first year they learn so many new things. But I think that like I said if you're ok with it go for it. :) Good luck
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 11:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• That IS a lot of hours, and I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation... however, here's a good resource to help you find a care provider - www.childcareaware.com.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 11:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• his 5 mts not a newborn. but 16 hrs is way to much. youl miss out on a lot of great stuff and regret it
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• now he is still my new born baby thank you "piwife" he will always be my newborn and I just want us to be good when he gets older I know I will miss out on alot of things as them being his first but I am going to make a better life for us both and I know he will love it... Thanks for all your advice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had the daycare jitters too. TRUST ME, it's not that bad. Is there a sitter out there open 6 days a week for 16 hours? That is gonna cost you! You'll be working JUST to pay childcare. With that said, sadly you will miss out on some things if you work, I know I do..... but as PP said we don't know your situation and if this is what you have to do, it's what you have to do. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Maybe look into a home daycare? Something that isn't so institutional? It won't change the amt of time you're away from him, but at least he'll be in a more loving environment, more similar to his own???
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter has been in church daycare since she was 11 wks. I work 40 hrs. a week, 9-5. But honestly, it's not tough for me at all. I always knew I'd be a working mom so I'm not torn up about it or anything. Some mothers like to be with their kids 24/7 and others feel the need to 'get out' and carry on adult conversations, etc., I am one of the latter. The toughest part is when they're sick and miserable or just cranky and want to be with mom. Luckily I can stay home for those days, since my work is very understanding. Good luck, it's hard at first but everyone adjusts in time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I work and go to school, so I'm away from DS a minimum of 40 hrs a week. It sucks and I hate leaving him but I'm working to provide for him and going to school because I made a promise to myself and to him (even before he was born) that I would finish school and make something of myself. I know its hard momma but if your situation means you need to take this job, then what other option is there? Maybe after taking this job, you'll get another offer where you don't have to work so many hours.
    Good Luck Momma!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2009