Do you buy those crafty children items?

Does anyone buy those crafty boutique items like the designed burp rags, one of a kind onesies, etc? If so what do you get? For your own child or as a gift?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 11:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I never buy that kind of stuff. Too me it is just useless junk. I've never used any of it when I received it as gifts either. I just don't get it, but then again I was raised by a mom who called stores that sell that stuff "Crap Stores" instead of "Craft Stores" so maybe that is why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have one onsie that has my daughter's full name and date of birth on it, that she has never worn. It was given as a gift and I plan on giving it to her when she gets married. But, I buy most of my baby stuff at Walmart or consignment. I am not spending that much on clothing that will either be worn out or grown out of in months. I will get the little shirts with cute sayings, but not anything really special. I also don't tend to give those as gifts either. I generally stray to the more practical gifts when gift giving.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No-never. I figure a baby will throw up or poop on those designer items that cost so much and it seems like a horrible waste of money.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• for gift giving - i made my own "designer" burp cloths, some cheap fabric squares (quilting supplies) and cloth diapers - easy to do, great to use and cheap to make. i laugh when i see them in the stores.
    mrsduf

Answer by mrsduf at 4:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009