Who is your Goddess? your God? (Primarily for Pagans)

Do any of you have one or more faces of the Goddess you work with?

Is there one particular Lady or Ladies who speaks to you?

Is there a certain name or names you use in Ritual?

Any Gods or Lords you work with as well?

Pele is one of my main Ladies. I've been working with her for years. (Which explains why when me and my Man have a fight, I fantasize about burning the house down...) I also work with Gaia, our Earth Mother. Artemis/Diana has obviously been hanging around me lately...... (DD's name is Diana)

And as for Gods, Herne/Cernunos is my Lord. I often imagine my Man has antlers when we are making love....he's cool with that. He's not Pagan, but understands the Great Rite and what it means to me. And if I want to "Worship" using his body....he's not going to complain!

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We don't discriminate :) Aside from maybe Loki and Hel they all get their due.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Lakshmi is who called to me. Its her I work with when I do anything.

I dont have a particular God that calls to me although lately Ive felt a pull to Vishnu(Lakshmi's mate). Just not a strong enough pull that makes me say he's for sure my patron deity.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Jai Kali Ma! Thats my mother diety, and hecate I feel a pull to as well. During different periods of my life I have felt drawn to different dieties.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Isis, is my main Goddess, she speaks to me a great deal.
    Aries, God of war, is my patron God, without whom i would not be the woman that I am today.

Others come and go, different phases and times of my life.
    Hel helped me though a difficult time, Hecate as well.

But Isis and Aries are my main ones.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't have one main patron; I follow my own path taken from my ancestors (German/Greek/Irish) - and so call upon whomever will fit the need best...when it's time for general honoring; they all get their dues...

When we finally buy a home I'm going to build my own stone 'circle' in a corner of the backyard so each tradition may have it's own alter stone rather than my offerings just being left out in the open :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't have a specific name I use, although I tend to relate more to Cernunnos and Hera (and yes, I know they are different pantheons! :) )
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I am Hindu, so most aspects of god/goddess's in the Hindu religion appeal to me. I know this is a pagan question, but we Hindu's have a lot of different deities to worship. And Hinduism talks a great deal of the fundamentals of nature.

I like Rama, the 7th incarnation of Vishnu. Hanuman is the man too though...love Lakshm, Kali  & parvati...i love them all!!!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just have to say Hanuman is so cool!!!! I really like him.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Currently dedicated to Isis and Osiris. Have been for a few years now, and recently did another dedication and again affirmed them as my patron Lady and Lord.

I do honor different diety, but I mainly work with these two.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 5:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have gone for long periods of time (usually years) where I will work with one or two aspects more than others. Goddesses: Brighid, then Kali and now Kwan Yin. Gods: Cernunos and Shiva. Overall, I tend to connect with the God/dess on a nameless level though: the All, the One.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009