(((Update))) He hit me while I was holding our daughter

I had posted a few days ago about how my SO hit me while I was holding our daughter.

Last night we had a long, good talk.. I asking him why he was so angry? what happened in his childhood, etc.

Turns out he was bullied and never told anyone. Now we had talked a little about it before, but not this deep. He told me why he "hates" some things.

I told him, I want to help him, in order to help our family.

He says he loves me, and I love him too. I don't think we're IN LOVE anymore. But it something I can work on right now...

I told him, I;m giving this family a last chance to pull through.
He needs to seek help. And he agreed.

I've set my "limit" as you girls put it. And if he hurts me with or without be holding my children I WILL leave. and He will have lost us for good.

Anyhow, thats a small update. I will continue to do so as time goes on.
Wish us the best and thank you so much f

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Good for you momma...just make sure you hold him to what he said and don't let him get out of it. Make sure he backs words up with actions and YOU stay strong for you and your babies
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm so happy to hear this. I hope that your proud of yourself because it take a really stong person to be able to take control of an abusive relationship! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Be strong, your don't what's right.
    Make sure you stick to your guns even if your husband doesn't. Your kids will thank you someday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• been there done that hun and now cps is tryin to take away our kids cause i gave a second chance, get out of there as soon as you can, it wont change it only gets worse soon he will be beating your kids. im hoping he gets jail time so i can keep my kids and the out of this screwed up situation
    Anonymous

• 11:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

**im hoping my husband gets jail time.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Start saving some money just in case. Put it in your tampon box, guys never look in there. That way if the worst happens you will have a way to get out fast.
    Good luck, but make sure you stick to your word. If he is violent again... LEAVE!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm very proud of how you handled this. Mark this day on the calendar. You will understand why that's important in the future.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Make sure your state doesn't have the Failure to Protect law that says you can be arrested for not getting the kids out of that abusive environment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• good job standing for your marriage and your husband and setting boundaries! I wanted to say though that love should not be based on feelings, but rather actions etc. Sometimes I don't feel heads over heals for my husband, but we learn to love eachother in a much deeper way. Every relationship goes through that, and I think it can be a shock at first, but in the end its about actions and commitment.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I WANTED TO ADD MORE TO MY POST BUT IT WOULDNT ALLOW SO...

NOT ONLY DID WE TALK ABOUT HIS PASSED. BUT I EXPRESSED HOW MESSED UP MINE WAS AND HOW I WOULD NEVER WANT OUR CHILDREN TO SEE WHAT I DID BC OF ABUSE.

ANYHOW, I AM FIRM ON MY WORD, AND HE KNOWS IT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009