Can you wish me luck and maybe give me some advice to keep my cool?

I wrote a question last night on the money and work section about how my co-worker is trying to get me in trouble because she doesnt like me. Today is the big day and I have a meeting with her in 30 min. I have no one else to talk to before I go and I just need a boost or something.

Thank you :)

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Good luck! Just remember to stay calm, and handle yourself with as much grace as possible. Don't resort to swearing, name calling or other nastiness. Stay cool and keep it professional, even if she gets nasty.....she'll be the one who looks bad then....YOU CAN DO THIS! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Thank you so much! I am getting ready to go now and all the things you said will be in my head while I am in there. I will update you when I get back.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Good luck. Stay calm. You can do it. Get it off you chest but be classy about(don't cuss her out or call her nasty names). You will feel so much better after it. You may not like her answers but you will have some closure and feel some relief. SO good luck!!!
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 12:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Thank you both for your kind support and good luck wishes. I just got home and I think it went okay. Communication was the main problem and some of the things she said in my eyes made her look like a hypocrite...I even caught my boss rolling his eyes out her. I know, I shouldnt be like that but this is what she wanted. Everything was discussed and I kept a smile on my face the whole time.

I am going to do everything I can in the future to make things right, even if she gets annoyed, I am going to update her on everything I feel is worth updating.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Congratulations! It sounds like you handled things with grace and professionalism. I hope things get better from here!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009