Quiting smoking and deployment

SO leaves in 7 days to Iraq.....I quit smoking yesterday afternoon, I am fine with the not smoking, I have finally made up my mind I am gonna quit. The problem is all the anger, and moodiness I am getting from not smoking and from being pregnant. And it bothers me so very much that my last week with him, I am being a bitch and not even meaning to. How do I stop being a bitch? He just went to the store to get me a pack cause i started bawling saying I can't do this, can't be mean and going through withdraws while knowing that this is my last week with him, that I may never see him again. Do I just go ahead and stop, or do I smoke until he leaves.

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 11:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• I'm a nonsmoker, and the first thing I would say is the sooner you stop the better. HOWEVER, it is not my place to say nor is it a good idea to start a lifestyle change like quitting smoking while you are stressed out over his impending deployment. Maybe you could wait until he has been gone a few weeks/months and you adapt to his absence? He wants to have the last week with you to be something to remember and in a good way. It's so hard in the final days NOT to be moody and stressed out!! Good luck and hang in there..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Thank you! I think that is the way we are leaning, but the only thing is I feel horrible, because I made the choice to quit, I want to quit, I just smoked one, and it was so not fun. And it just sucks cause I finally am at the place to quit, but not really cause that would make our last week not a good one.
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 12:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2009