What are common questions your preacher could not or would not answer for you?

Did you ever have a question no one seemed to be able to answer?
If so what was it?
Why do you think they could not answer it?
Did you ever ask God?
Why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've never had a question my Pastor didn't already know the answer to or was able to find out for me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• how come the bible doesn't say anything about dinosaurs? If god created the universe, man and women, how are the dinosaurs (and their bones) justified?

nope, never asked God, because don't believe the bible anymore. Too much that doesn't make sense and science can't support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ya, if God created man, did God create "free will", or did man create it?
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• God created free will and gave it to to the first man and woman he created, which is why they were disobedient. If he hadnt then they wouldnt have did what they did.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Just because Dinosaurs are not specifically mention does not mean they did not exist. There were lots of people and places and creatures not mentioned, that does not mean they were not here.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Here's one I used to discuss with a friend when he was in seminary to help him practice. I'm afraid the debate is part of what led him to eventually leave the seminary:

If an elderly couple, too frail to have sexual relations, but happy to hold hands and care for each other fall in love and want to live together in their dying years, is it still a sin if they're both women?

I find it interesting that I threw this same question out here once and people insisted the lesbians in the scenario that I created were NOT lesbians, they were just really good friends. Rather than address the actual question they rewrote it so it was no longer a question and just a story about two sweet little old ladies.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• * NotPanicking: BEING gay is not a sin in itself, it's the "acting out" on that (sexual relations) that is. So if they are not having sex, they are not sinning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I can answer that question NotPanicking. Im suprised the guy in seminary couldnt.

Its the falling in love with the same sex part that is wrong. That is the sin. Lust begins in the heart of man ( woman in this case) Actually you dont have to have sex to be a lesbian or gay. It begins in the heart... you want that person, you lust after them, you fall in love with that person. So I would say yes it is sin because of the reason they want to stay together. Now if it was truly just two sweet old ladies and they were just friends but loved each other as friends and wanted to live together as friends and were not IN LOVE with each other then no it is not sin.
    The key is the being in love part. We were not created to fall in love with a same sex person but with the opposite sex. God created that for a reason.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Im suprised the guy in seminary couldnt.

Why? Your answer contradicts the one above you. You can't both be right.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Where did the rest of the people come from?

If Adam & Eve were the first man & woman (we'll forget about Lilith for now); and it was from them that all mankind is descended...and their first two sons Cain & Abel...Cain being banished to wander for his brother's murder...comes upon a villiage where he meets his wife and her family (and the rest of the village etc)...

WHERE did all those people come from??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009