just got off the phone with my ped nurse about the H1N1 (swine flu) shot....

She said they have not recieved any info on weather it's going to be given to private practice, or to the schools to administer. She said she didn't know if they could make it mandatory or not. She said the state hasn't given them any info yet.

So i asked her, mom to mom, will you get the shot? will you give your kids the shot? She said yes and yes.

But i'm still not sure. Does anyone else think the govenment may be holding out info. on the shot? Is anyone else concerned that the shot is so new, we don't know what it could cause down the road?

Are you going to get the shot? Do you work around kids, patients, or somewhere in the healthcare field? Are you going to give your kids the shot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The shot is not new. Look it up. They've given out this shot before and it's slightly reformed. But certainly not "new". The side effects are horrible. ...and i am shocked, disappointed, disgusted and outraged that they are pushing this vaccine on the public all over again just when it seems most of the public has forgotten about what happened before.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter will not be getting the shot. For me it is too new, not enough studies done, etc.

However, I work in the health care field, and I am not sure yet if my facility will make the shot mandatory or not. If they don't, I will not be getting it either, if they do...well, then I guess I don't really have a choice.

(BTW - I don't get a flu vaccine every year either. The one time I DID do it, I got sicker than a damned dog)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We will not be getting the shot. Too new.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We won't be getting it either. I fear my husband will have to because he's military, but he cannot get the seasonal flu shot or FluMist so hopefully he is waived from this one too. Something in the vaccine makes him violently ill.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My doctor said he would not give his kids the shot, and as my girls are healthier than horses he wouldn't reccomend giving it to them either.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No, I don't think the vaccine is a conspiracy. We just don't get flu shots here. Never have.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My kids ped said he would not give this vaccination to his own kids. He is going to give detailed information about the risks. He does this for all vaccinations. He is not pro drug company but pro patient thankfully. He said tested vaccinations kill and harm people he definitely would not recommend a barely tested vaccine.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Im not usually an anti vaxer ( I will selectivly vax my next child though) but my son will NOT be getting this vaccine. The whole scare of this flu is that it mutates..well if it mutates the vaccine wont work anyway..
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yeah look at guaracil (SP-- that human papillomavirus shot they tried to make all the young girl get) it has caused -- yes caused--- they proved it was the cause.... just being clear here... that it killed some... i wont be a guinea pig... neither will my kid, there are enough moms blind and gung-ho offering their kids up to be test subjects, i wont be one of them...

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No...I agree it's to new...If it was a killed virus I may get it next year...I just would need to know more about it. Def. not this year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009