Why do some ppl on here think they are comedians?

I read a question on how to save money and somebody wrote "in a savings account...lol." Why the lol, thats not funny, but stupid.
The other day I read a question that said how do you eat cottage cheese, somebody wrote "with a spoon lol." Once again not funny! Why don't these "funny" anons leave it up to the professionals, because they sound dumb. Agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like to crack jokes when I am feeling witty, but I usually keep it to the "Just for Fun" section. If someone were asking a serious question, I think they deserve a serious answer. I like it when people are funny, but the ones you mentioned above are annoying, not funny. I make jokes like that at my husband occasionally with the specific intention of annoying him, then I make a silly noise afterward like "waa waa waa."
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i've thought those answers to myself when i read questions, but i'm just not about to waste anyones time with the obvious. There are some questions on here that are just so stupid (like "i'm sick evey morning, i'm two weeks late, do u think i might be pg?), ok, really, you haven't taken a test, but you have to ask?

I agree the stupid "funny" answers are dumb, but so are some of the questions (although not the ones you listed, i read them too).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• There was a question on here last night about whether it was safe to eat seedless watermelon during pregnancy. I was surprised she didn't get any comments like those, but happy she didn't. Questions that may seem common sense to some are serious questions for others, and the whole point of the questions page is to get advice and help from other people, not made fun of. A joke every now and again is okay, but I agree with you, the comments you used above are just kind of rude and not in any manner constructive.

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Because they can.
    Why do people like you feel the need to B*tch and complain about everything?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I make jokes when I am in the mood too but I agree...those are NOT funny. I love sarcasm like anyone else but thats just a dumb comment.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I throw jokes around in the just for fun section because generally that is what those questions are looking for. But when someone comes on looking for real help, it kind of sucks to get sarcasm
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Lighten up. They thought they were funny and it didn't harm anyone. Laughter is a good thing. They say you live longer if you laugh, even at things others don't necessarily think are funny.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have a natural sarcastic nature...I try not to do it to very serious questions, but like someone up there^ said, some questions are way too obvious to ignore. Umm...that's not to say that I've never asked a dumb question, and there's a difference in sarcasm and insulting....I think people need to lighten up.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree with admckenzie and mumma28.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 1:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's better than "I dunno" or "I have no idea". Seriously? What a waste of time!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009