mixing medications

My daughter (3) has been taking children's zyrtec and she now has a low grade fever 99.4 I was wondering if anyone knew if it was safe to give her children's tylenol with the zyrtec. (I'm waiting on the Dr's office to call me back with an answer)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• call the pharmacy, you will get a faster answer

Answer by admckenzie at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• call the pharmacy, but make sure you speak to an acutally registered pharmasist. I got mis-advice from a pharmacy worker before, thankfully, i checked with my doctor fist.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yes, you can give tylenol and zyrtec. they are two different drugs. You just have to make sure the durgs don't have the same ingrediates or interact. A fever reducers and an antihistomine is a fine mix. Hence why they sell tylenol allergy :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yup, it's fine to give those together
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Um...99.4 isn't even an elevated temperature. 98.6 is average and one degree either way is normal.

But yes it is okay to give them together. Not that she needs the Tylenol unless she has some pain from something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, it is ok to mix those two. Just read the ingredients list to make sure there is no acetopeamin in the Zyrtec. If there is then give her Ibuprofen instead. If her temp is only 99.4, I would give her anything, that is not even a fever. A fever is anything over 100. Well, that is what the temp is for a child to be sent home from school or daycare.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Thank you all and I know that 99.4 isn't really serious but since the zyrtec is 24 hrs I wanted to make sure it was okay before it elevated just in case (concerned parent) anyway thank you all, and her temp did eventually reach 102 and we went to the doc anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009