has anyone taken the nora be mini pill while bf?

just curious if anyone taking this mini pill has had crazy periods or gotten preggers while taking it....i am fully bf too if that matters.

mamaof2becka

Asked by mamaof2becka at 12:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i didn't get the pill after hearing that it can effect your supply and that if you don't take it at the same time everyday that you can get pg. a few months ago when i was a bfing group meeting, there were several women giving birth at the hospital that had gotten pg while bfing and taking the mini pill.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Different variants of the mini-pill are known to cause crazy periods. And if you're not faithful abouttaking it, YES, you can get pregnant. Even when you ARE faithful you can get pregnant...no method save abstinence is 100% effective.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I got pregnant on the minipill while breastfeeding, even with taking it at the same time everyday. That was after my 2nd son, so after my 3rd my dr okayed putting me on the regular pill so I wouldn't get pregnant again.

Answer by missanc at 1:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I am on it and my dd is 3 months old. Hasn't affected my milk supply. I haven't had a period yet and I'm not pregnant either...yet! Lol.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2009