Baby's First Christmas?

My son will be 10 months old during Christmas.

What did you get your children for their first Christmas? How much did you spend on them?
Thanks ladies!!

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 12:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i got my son the leapfrog music table for xmas. he was about 8 months old last xmas. he's 16 m/o now and still loves playing with it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter was like 4 months old her first Christmas and we didn't get her much. Maybe like 50 dollars. It was cute she just looked at the stuff like whats this?
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We do christmas Pj's every year! That way they have cute new jammies for the Christmas moring photo's. We got my son alot of fisher price cube toys he was 4 months then. (you know the little see through ones?) My DD got a lot of clothes and dolls. She was 12 months at the time. What you spend is really up to your budget and what you feel comfortable with. We never do a whole lot for my kids because if anything ever happed (like this year) and we could not do much it wouldn't be noticable. WE spend about 100 each. Don't forget K-Mart has lay away still!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I got my son the Leap Frog music table and he loved it. It was the first thing he went for every morning. Now my younges son enjoys it. My mom bought the boys wayyyyyy to many gifts and my 10mo. old was more interested in playing with the boxes and wrapping paper then his actual gifts, except for that music talbe. I didn't spend too much on him, but grandma went overboard!!!lol.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 12:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I love Kmart layaway (and they have better products than they used to). Anyway for my oldest son's first christmas, he was 8 months old. We just bought him like 5 or 6 smaller, inexpensive toys, and of course grandma sent about that many too lol. Just little things like bath toys, clothes, a rocking horse. My middle son was only 4 days old on his first Christmas so he just got some new clothes and a couple of toys. My daughter was 6 months old for her first christmas, and she got a bunch of small toys and then her Step & Play Piano. She loved that thing for 2 years!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We only spend around $30 on Christmas per kid. With first son's first Christmas we just got him a 1st Christmas ornament, he was only 1 month old. Our second was almost a year a Christmas (his birthday is the 27th of Dec). We usually get them clothes, if they need pants and such for winter, books, puzzles that kind of thing. We have so much family that they get so many toys without us getting them any. When they are little it is more fun to rip open the paper anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter was 10 months during her first christmas too. I spent about $100. I bought her the sing along stage and mirror thing (which she still loves), baby dolls, books and other random toys. What I did not realize at the time was the amount of gifts she got from everyone else, plus her birthday was only 2 months away and she got a ton more toys. We have toys she never even played with. My advice is if you have family that likes to buy gifts and if you are planning a big 1st birthday party go easy on the presents now. I would just buy maybe one big thing, like the leap frog thing others have mentioned or something that your son may really like and a couple small things.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009