Are your teens ingrates?

Do your teens think you owe them the world? Are they ungrateful for all the things you do for them?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 12:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• 2 of mine did when they hit the teenage years. The other didn't. With one it got so bad she moved in with her dad because she thought he would cater to her more and he did.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• wow i am surprised someone actually admitted it. I thought I would come in here and find a bunch on nos my kids are all perfect little angels. granted I am not old enough to have teenagers i Just wanted to see what I would find. and found myself surprised
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 4:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Not at all. He is very grateful for all that he has and that anyone does for him. I don't allow anything else. I have no problem taking things away when he does. He is not perfect but seeing that we have very little to begin with, anything that he does get he is grateful for it. He was taught to be that way. I feel that when teens or any child are ungrateful, it is because the parents cater to the child's every whim and when they become teens what they want are just bigger.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• no

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• No, they aren't. I'd be pretty ashamed if they were.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2009