Do your children look the same?

I have to kids and my SO thinks she is not his because she dose not look like are first daughter. The first looks like him the second dose not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• um..thats a weird thing to think. (him, not you)....No,my kids dont look exactly alike. My oldest and my 3rd look more like me and my 2nd and my 4th look like their dad. They all favor a bit, but 3 of them have blonde hair and 1 has brown hair. I saw a mom on Monday with a set of twins that were about 13-14 mos old. One was blonde headed and about 5-6 lbs MORE than the other one. She was red headed and much smaller. They were twins but literally looked NOTHING alike. One could almost bet they didnt have the same dad, but Im sure they did. Genetics are a strange thing. He needs to get past the child not looking like him and its possible that as the child gets older, she will.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i only have one kid and im an only child myself, but my cousins dont really look alike, one looks like my aunt and the other looks like my uncle!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Genetics are a funny thing... some people you can tell just by looking at them that they are related (like my mom and her sisters) others have no resemblance what so ever to their bio family (like my hubs brother).
    As for my kids, my oldest and my 3rd have a few similarities while the middle does not. (the only thing all 3 have in common is blond hair, blue eyes).
    My friend has 2 daughters they don't look alike at all. The oldest looks like her- blonde hair, blue eyes, light complexion (like mom), the 2nd has darker complexion, hair and eyes (like Italian dad)... My friend joked and said "If I did not see her come out of my body I would not know she was mine".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My children don't really look alike. My DD looks like DH and my DS looks like me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• no... our boys look completely opposite lol. My first looks like me, light skin, blue eyes, blonde hair etc. My second looks like my husband, brown skin, brown eyes, and dark hair, they 100% brothers, just got different genes.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I hear ya. I had 3. The first 2 looked like my x and the last one looks like me so for 30 yrs I had to listen to that crap. I told him to pay for a DNA test or shut up. Men don't understand how badly they hurt kids when they hear that or they are treated differently than the others. Men don't understand looks come from genes of ancestors as well. I'm sorry he is doing this. Not only is it an insult to you but it's just hurtful to the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Funny question, because I was just telling my husband that I don't think our daughter looks like either of us right now (11months old). My son is from another relationship, yet they definately look like brother and sister which is weird. My sons dad was blondish, English and Irish, and my son is a spitting image. My husband and I both have dark hair (my husband had blonde as a baby), and Italian features. My daughter looks like my mom when she was a baby
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Tell your SO it's just genetics.

My kids looked almost exactly alike when they were born. But now that my daughter is getting older she is looking more like me while my son, the older he gets, looks more like my husband.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No. My oldest son has blond straight hair, dark skin, and green eyes. My middle son has medium brown straight hair, medium skin, and brown eyes. My younger daughter has blond curly hair, light skin and blue eyes. My oldest and my daughter look a little alike in terms of features and it's similar to their dad, but my middle son looks just like me and not at all like his brother and sister.

Answer by missanc at 1:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Op: I told him to pay for a DNA test and he says no it to much money and for me to pay for it. It makes my life a living hell! the only thing she got from him is his toes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009