how can i relieve the back pain?

the doctor says as long as im not bleeding we are ok. but im only twelve weeks pregnant, the baby wouldnt be pushing on my spine already, so should i go to a different kind of doctor instead of just calling my OB?

mommakinz67

Asked by mommakinz67 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion, but maybe you strained it doing something? Depending on how healthy you are in your pregnancy you can have pregnancy related chiropractic therapy, it can be expensive if you don't have insurance that covers it, I couldn't have it because of my high risk pregnancy but I have heard that u can use one of those huge blow up excercise balls and lean on it on your back with slight rolling motion back and forth and that might help
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 12:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Is it only when you.......... sit? walk? stand? lift anything? Go up any hills recently?

Do you do stairs, or happen to carry groceries, or vaccumn? I used to put pillows between my knees, and actually sometimes i'd lay on my stomach with pillows under my hips and my chest/ribs. it would reverse the pressure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It could be ":

Sagging shoulders, or just the shoes you wear. Try Dr.Scholls insoles and a good fitting shoe.
    I used to do cat stretches on the floor, and back arching ! !
    Get your knees and stretch with head up and arh back, and then lift up back and arch the other way. (hands and knees, sorry)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Go get a prenatal massage. They are awesome and helped my back a ton.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009