Preeclampsia??

I had Preeclampsia with my son, my mom also had it when she was pregnant with me. I had to give birth 2 weeks early and my mom almost died and so did I. I was her last so we didn't know if she would have had it again. I'm worried now bc I want to get pregnant with my second but I didn't know if I would get Preeclampsia again. I don't wanna put myself or my baby in danger, like my first. I went to the doctor to find out what my risks are but I was scheduled with a nurse and she seemed not to know much about it. Did anyone have this? What are your thoughts? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My thoughts are, make an appointment with the doctor. Be a little demanding if you have to. Tell them you'd like to speak with your doctor only because the nurse didn't answer your questions and this is extremely important to you. I'm not sure what you meant by "my mom also died and so did I" Did they revive you? That's the only thing that makes sense. Sorry about the loss of your mother. Obviously though, the doctor is the only one who will be able to answer your questions, so call and call until you get to see the doc. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had preeclampsia with my 2nd child, but not the 1st. Thankfully, it was mild and easily controlled with "couch potato" rest (not the easiest thing to do with a toddler running around, but we worked through it). My Dr. was a little surprised that I got it the 2nd time around because I guess it is more common in 1st pregnancies. The only suggestion I have for you is to make a fuss and talk to your Dr. Even so, I don't know what answers they will be able to give you - from what I was told, it's not genetic. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Note to ACL2007: I think was saying that her mom ALMOST died and so did she. . . . .
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2009