At what age did your little one start walking?

My daughter is approaching 14months old. She holds on to furniture and walks, but has never taken that solo step. I know every kid is different, so I guess I just want to hear that other mom's have babies that were "late" walkers...

MommaToSam

Asked by MommaToSam at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine were early, but my friend's daughter is 14 months old and she can just barely do a few steps alone. My other friend's son was about 13-14 months, so I think that's still way in the range of normal development. I wouldn't be concerned. Enjoy the time while she CAN'T walk and get into everything lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my kids were ealy my first was 8.5 months and my second was 10 months, but my sisters baby just turned 12 months in July and he just started crawling and now he is pulling himself up to stand, but he wont walk along the furnityure yet he wont even walk or stand when you hold onto his hands every baby is diffrent. Just injoy them before they walk cause once they start walking you wont get to sit anymore lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My oldest was 11 months and my 8 month old obviously isn't walking yet lol. It sounds to me like she may just be building up her confidence, since she's holding onto the furniture and walking but not talking a step away from it yet. I wouldn't be concerned, my friend's daughter didn't walk til about 13 months, and I have heard of some babies walking later than that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My oldest was 15.5 months, the middle 11 months, and the baby was 12.5 months. Don't worry, you LO will soon be running and you may regret encouraging her to walk. :p
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my son was almost 15 mo & my daughter was 10 mo.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 1:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Mine were early:

10 months
    9 months
    11 months (10 adjusted)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my son was 9 mo
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• They can start to walk as late as 24 months! There is no worry. Just continue to encourage her. Try holding her favorite toy out where she would have to walk to get it and keep speaking encouraging words. With my one year old, I just kept walking her around, holding on to both of her hands than eventually went to one and then she started walking after toys!!!
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 1:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Mine was 15.5 months when he first started to take steps. Doctor said it was completely normal and not to worry and that my son was "just being careful". Within a month, he was walking everywhere. :)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Both mine were early walkers...both 9 months and in MY opinion, I would have LOVED if they waited until they were a lot older babies to walk! I always advise that it's not necessarily BETTER or much more fun if they walk so much earlier...just more work!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009