how should i room my little ones by age or sex?

I have a daughter in 3rd grade, a son in 5K, and a 3.5 daughter at home with me. the baby has been in our bedroom all this time ina toddler bed. it is time to move her out of there. would you bunk the two little ones together, they play with more of teh same toys, closer bed times, etc. Or, would you put the girls together? I am afraid my 3rd grader needs more privacy than my 5ker, and she has alot more stuff for teh 3 year old to get into. what should i do? what would you do, or have you done? anyone have boys and girls sharing a room, or siblings that are 5 years a part in the same room...any tips or advice are welcome. please don't tell me i'll get locked up for rooming boys and girls together..its my house, and they are not teen agers...i do not care what teh state thinks.

jennypenny3000

Asked by jennypenny3000 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Put the younger ones together. At the ages they are now five years is too far apart in age for them to be in the same room even if they are both girls. When they are older and it gets closer to the time of puberty it would make since to switch them.
    But now I think it is fine for the boy and girl to be in the same room.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We have 4 kids in a 3 bedroom house and have tried a couple of different combinations. We didn't end up rooming them by sex or age but by sleeping habits. We have two light sleepers who have trouble getting to sleep, and two that sleep like logs. Those two room together, and the light sleepers have their own rooms. It is the only way that worked out without interrupting everyone's sleep.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• as long as the kids & you are ok w/ it i would put them in rooms according to their age for now beacause they are all still so young & as they get older later on they can switch to boys together & girls together.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 1:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• thanks guys, i agree...i think lil ones together will be best for right now. i think i'm gonna put the big girl in the smaller bedroom and give teh other two the bigger one. maybe even get some bunk beds.
    jennypenny3000

Answer by jennypenny3000 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009