What is a good bath tub seat for my baby? He is 11 months, and has outgrown his baby tub? Whats the next step?

BinSLC

Asked by BinSLC at 1:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just took my 11 month-old out of the baby tub and put his Bumbo in the big tub. It is waterproof and makes a nice seat.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I did not waste money on the bath seat and at eight months put my dd right in the big tub. You will obviously have to hold them a bit, but there is no real need for a bath seat.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• we use a bath ring
    mine hates the feeling of being in tub without the surround ring
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have never used a baby tub. My newest baby is 3 weeks. Her cord fell off last week and into the big tub she went. I just lay a towel in the tub so it isn't so cold and put just little bit of water in it. As they get older, I used my bumbo in the tub with the last one to help him sit up. That worked great. When they can sit up themselves they just sat in the tub.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I used a ring with mine, but only when he was younger. Once he was 7-8 months and sitting up really well, we just put him in the big tub without anything. I'm right there with him anyway, but we've never had any problems with him - except now he's 9 1/2 months and is wanting to stand up in the tub!

Answer by missanc at 1:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I used an inflatable duck tub thing but not until 11 months. By then he was in the the big bath. I think that as long as your son is walking and stable he can be in the big tub without any worries.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• when my son outgrew his bath tub, we just started using the big bath tub. he does fine in it, and actually likes it better.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I always just used the big tub. Someone gave me one of those ring seat things with the suction cups on the bottom, but it gives me nightmares. I think that the babys fat butt will get stuck and one side wont come off or that the big kids will put it in the tub, get their heads stuck in it & the water will fill up & the suction cups will not come undone. I know, I'm ridiculous, but these are the things that go through my mind. My dd is almost 11 months & she loves to crawl around the tub with about 6 inches of water. Just be prepared to get soaked!

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I really liked the bath ring and so did my kids. It's much better than just having them sit in the water alone. You can sit back and relax, knowing they are not going anywhere.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009