I feel like such a horrible mother..My son wont stop crying!

Today was his 3rd day in headstart/ childcare. Andrew is 3 1/2. I am pregnant 20 weeks and he is very needy with me lately. Well 1st day of headstart he didnt cry. @nd and 3rd day he wakes up telling me he doesnt want to go to school and crys when I drop him off, crys at lunch, at naptime. His grandma watched him up until this week since he was 5 weeks old. What can i do? I feel horrible. His hours are 8:00 am - 5:00 pm there is no way around it. When will it end? I know he has fun but I dont like that he crys alot!

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 1:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wow, we are in the exact same situation, my boy is 3 and it was his first day monday, good day, when I picked him up yesterday he was sad and today he didn't want to go at all and almost cryed when I left, I almost cried too, I got work and full time school, and no one else to watch him so he had to go, I know what your going threw I can't stop thinking of his sad face this morning.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Maybe at dropoff have a quick chat with his teacher/caregiver and let them know the situation too. A little extra attention (i mean a few seconds here of there) may make the diff to him. Other than the new baby situation and the new school situation, there could be the tiniest of something at the school that hurt his feelings that made him upset and made him never wanna go back. Kids are funny like that. Just give him lots of love and reassurance that everything will be okay.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• anon are you a retard? Serious? No wonder you post anon? I have a full time job idiot. That is how we survive. I cant just sit around and do nothing or wed be homeless!!! Are you really that much of an idiot. He gos to childcare/headstart amoung the million of other children who do.
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 2:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• even if your son does cry your not a horrible mother don't think that at all. maybe you should talk to his teacher or care-giver to ask how is getting alone with the other kids there? or if he's being bullied. kids do that when they don't feel like they belong there.
    teddybear123

Answer by teddybear123 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i've heard of head start isn't it like this very great day-care and they teach your child to read and stuff like that. if i'm wrong please tell me what they to teach your child.
    teddybear123

Answer by teddybear123 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Its childcare as well as teaching my child to learn numbers alphabet read ect =>
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 4:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't know about your son, but when my daughter starts in I play cry with her and try to switch into laughter... even though she's crabby she isn't serious most of the time she cries and seems relieved to drop the charade. Who wouldn't enjoy laughing over griping?
    We don't have a lot of time together, but what we have is too precious to waste whining! Don't let him pull your heartstrings like that, set your eyes to the future and love like there's no tomorrow
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 3:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2009