does anyone drink caffeine while pregnant?

i know your not suppose to drink caffeine but i drink like a can or a can and a half of soda a day. will this be okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i drink one or two 8 oz cups of coffee m-f. I drink water the rest of the day. I was craving cokes a few weeks ago.. and i hardly ever drink cokes. I def had one. It is fine just dont drink alot of caffiene.... limit one or two aday. I know... i was worried too. Congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I tried to drink a little coffee a few times, but it made me sick.

It is okay, but not worth it.  There are healthier things to drink.   Can you go for an herbal tea instead?   Maybe a juice if you crave something sweet?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• mhm actually im 34 weeks an went to docs todayan she says u can have up to 4 cans a day an i told her i drink bout two an she said all it will do is hyper up the lil one theres noo harm as long as u dnt have to much
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• you can have 1-2 a day it's fine
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 2:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Watch out for sugar intake, though! And artificial sweeteners can be even worse.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• but i would recommend lots of water i have been drinking water lately it took me awhile but i did it im down to bout a can a week an lots of ice water so just keep lots of water in ur system so u dnt get dehydrated because pop can dehydrate u
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i drink caffeen all day long, i really dont watch what i eat, i did my last pregnancy also, and my kid is fine. Well see with the next one, i have drank alot more this pregnancy, than last.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i'm having a cup of house coffee right now.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i drink coffee, usually only when i have to be awake early, but a bit of caffeine won't hurt the baby. i would think all the nasty things in soda are worse than caffeine, but that's just me.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 2:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes. I drank a lot of caffeine when pregnant. I tried drinking water and sweet tea, but after a couple of hours of only water and tea I would get a bad headache. I'd drink a cold regular coke and my headache would begin to ease up. It's like my body was telling me it needed caffeine. While pregnant I drank about 5 canned cokes a day, a cup of coffee, and a lot of water and sweet tea. Before I got pregnant I use to drink about a 12 pk of cokes a day.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 3:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009