Should a SAHM takes her son to school instead of asking the WORKING dad to take the child.

my sister in law have 2 kids. The little boy statred school this year. She have the nerve to tell him to drop off the son at school before going to work. She does not have a job but she can not take him. Is there something that she needed to more than take the kid to school. IMO, she is so lazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get off it! And get out of their relationship. It is NONE of your business.
    Why should she get ready and take her son to school if her dh is already on his way out the door? If it works for them, WHY do you care?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm guessing it was a family decision based on what made the most sense. If working dad is heading by the school at the same time the kid needs to go, why not? She can get up and get the kid ready and fed, the dad is just giving the ride. There are 2 parents here, just cause she's a sahm doesn't mean the dad is exempt from duties. I don't get the issue.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Does Dad have to go that way anyway? I mean, if it isn't out of his way or inconvenient for him and he is leaving the house anyway, I wouldn't pack up my other child. Now, if it makes Dad late or the child has to be at the school ridiculously early so Dad isn't late, then it would probably be best for Mom to take him
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• you might think she is lazy, but we all know you are NOSY.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Perhaps YOU should be going back to school . Your question is a grammatical nightmare. As to your question, if the school is on the way and it doesn't cause the father to be late, then he should take him. He IS the dad, right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• lets see I am a SAHM and we have decided that since my son now goes to the middle school across town instead of the elem school right behind my house that my husband will pick him up from scool. My husband gets off work 10 minutes before my son is out of school and its on hubby's way home. It saves us the extra gas in my vehicle and i can be here when my other two children are walking down the street on their way home.

Just because a mom stays home it doesnt mean she has to do everything if there is a better solution to a situation. Dads who work at still dads and should still help out.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• In my house, I am the working parent and DH is home with the littler kids. I drop my oldest off at school every day. I have to drive right by it at the right time. Why make him load up the little kids in the car and waste gas money when I am driving right by anyway? I see no problem with dad bringing the kid to school.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's not your business.

But. If dad is going that way there is NOTHING WRONG with him doing the duty. In fact, it's good for dad and son to spend a bit of time together.

Sorry, you're out of line here.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I am thinking whatever works to make things run smoothly! I take my daughter to school while my husband is getting ready for work, and he picks her up after school when he can! On his lunch! We only have one car, so when he cannot I walk! Some sahm are lazy, and some just have no other option because of limited resources!!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• First of all, the SAHM does work. Second, it's none of your business how their household is run. I'm guessing this is your brother and his wife. You sound a lot like my in-laws, nosey and critical. If the school is on the way to the dad's work, it's not out of the question for him to drop off the child at school. They can save gas and wear and tear on the second vehicle. It really is okay for the dad to help out with the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009