Was anybody scared about having a boy?

I have 2 girls and I just found out monday that the one on the way is a boy. This was quite a shock. I am elated that I have a happy healthy little boy, but I'm a little nervous. I love playing with little girls, but I've always had more trouble around little boys, I just don't know what to do with them. I'm a full-time student, but I do it so I have two 14 hour school days and the rest of the week I stay at home. My 2 girls are in school so I'll be at home alone with my little man 5 days a week. I can't picture that, I don't know what we'll do together. I'm sure that once he's here it will all come naturally & I'll feel silly for ever worying, right now I'm just a little nervous.Anyone else have this feeling? If so how different was having a little boy. Let me stress that I'm not dissappointed, just questioning myself a little bit, I'm in love with him already I just need to know that I can be the best parent possible.

shawneewaiting

Asked by shawneewaiting at 2:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did NOT want a boy at all! I didnt see how boys needed their mommy's or what I could possibly have in common with one! When I saw the pecker on my 18 weeks u/s I lost it... I started crying and wouldnt look at the sreen anymore. My life felt like it had come to an end;( Then, 19 weeks later my son was born and I INSTANTLY feel in love with him and couldnt imagine life being any better just because he could have been a girl. You will learn to love Power Rangers, Hot Wheels & Spiderman! Trust me, I am a girlie girl but when I see my son's face light up when he is playing with his toys, Its impossible to not fall in love with everything that is facinating him
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Congrats....when I found out I was having a boy I was nervous only bc I knew that his father wasnt going to be there with me...he wanted nothing to so with the baby no matter what. But I did it and I think it was alot easier then my girl.....the one thing I want to tell you is to make sure that when you change him have that other diaper opened and ready to under him or you get it in the face...LOL....good luck and congrats again!!!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• maybe your girls with be like little mommys and yu can all mother the baby boy

you will be fine, you are just horomal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my first, and only, was a boy, and yeah stuff like that crossed my mind, Thinking its going to be alot easier for his dad to bond with him, than me. But hes 15 months now, and hes such a mommys boy, its so much different than what i thought it was going to be. Im sure you'll be the same, congrats! and good luck!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Boys are great!!!!! Dont be nervous. I have a son and he is fab. I have to admit that I aam nervous to have a girl.LOL! With a boy, at first you do the smae things as with a girl. Then as they get bigger you'll notice that they are naturally drawn to things with wheels. So practice up on your truck noises! They are a little differnet than girls, but tons of fun. Good luck and dont worry, you'll find a lot to do with your little prince! Congrats!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• no im actually scared of having girls because they are so bad these days(emotional and dramatic),and belive or not girls are way mean compare to boys.my boy rocks and theres nothing scary about him,if it came natural when you had girls it will too with your son.see how your thinking with your emotions,thats cause your girl :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I was totally nervous! I had a girl and was sure my 2nd would be a girl too...then we found out at my 20 week US that it was a boy, I was shocked and I can admit a bit disappointed, we wanted another girl. I don't like boys, I don't like frogs or snakes or farts or burps or getting dirty or playing rough... what on earth was I going to do with this boy?? That all went away literally the SECOND he was born. Fast forward now 2.5 years... love him to BITS. I can't imagine my life without him, he is the sweetest (and craziest!) thing ever. He's "my guy" and he completes our family. You are not alone, but don't worry, as soon as he is born he'll have your heart completely and it will be just fine. Better than fine =) CONGRATS!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't know what I'm having yet, but I'm scared I'll find out it's a boy. I have 3 sisters, 2 neices, a daughter and mostly girl cousins. What will I do with a boy?!
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 2:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Don't worry! Boys are awsome! Ask just about any mom who has both and she will tell you there are lots of things that are just easier with boys. I have one boy and two girls - I love them all, but there is something special/different with my boy.

Congrats!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I was actually nervous to have girls, but the only thing I had to base that off of is my nieces and cousins. I wanted boys because I'm not much of a girly girl and wouldn't know how to handle things because I was raised with ALL guys. I knew how to play sports, climb trees, ride 4-wheelers, catch frogs and lizards and wrestle before I knew what dancing and cheer leading was. I love when my boys catch frogs and lizards and bring them to show me with an ear to ear grin on their faces. I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. My boys have toughened up my nieces a lot by showing them it's ok to sit in the dirt, get dirty and play with trucks and mud.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 3:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009