Mobile home,

Well were looking for a place to buy, we were going to go with wiseman real estate, and buy an actual house, but we were passing a mobile home place in town, and decided to see what kind of deals they have, but we looked at this one, and it was awesome. The kitchen has a hidden door, that leads to the laundry room, it has 3 huge bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms, the livingroom and kitchen are enormous, and so beautiful! It will cost us about 350/mon, on a 20 year plan, which it sounds good. But Anyone whos ever bought a mobile home, and regret buying it instead of a house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i dont own a mobile...but are you gonna put it on a community lot? or land? if you do a lot dont forget alot of times there is lot rent to pay on top of your mortgage
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• we have our own land
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ooo even better....i know both my best friend and my other friends brother live in trailer homes...the ONLY things they dont like is during the winter it gets COOOLD...and in the summer it bakes...having no insulation can suck.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• well the guy told us they have really good insulation, and it's easy to heat, and keep cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I grew up in a mobile home - it was a nice house, big enough for the whole family. easy to heat easy to cool and nice. just didnt have a ton of storage space
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My parents live in a mobile - they have never had a problem with heating and cooling - just gotta make sure the bottom is insulated and it's under-pinned properly. They love their so much that instead of building a house - they just added onto the mobile - after the 3rd addition, you can barely tell it's even a mobile home anymore. We're actually thinking about a mobile home too - our last house was 170K , this mobile is 2000 sq ft, only 2 years old and all they're asking is 45K - man! you almost can't pass up a deal like that. ( but it isn't on its own land - which is the only draw back as far as we can see) - the amenities in a mobile can be pretty cool.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Is it a newer home? I just moved into a trailer in Jan and I HATE IT. It's cold as hell in the winter and an oven in summer. I can't hang pictures on the wall because they are thin. I am hoping to move when our lease is up. I want a REAL house. STAY with the house..lol
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• We have a beautiful mobile home on land. We love it and it is VERY nice inside. We've lanscaped all around and no one can tell its a mobile. MUCH cheaper way to go and they are constructed VERY well now. I don't think you'll regret it if you go that route.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2009