My daughter's acne

My daughter, who is 10, just started getting little pimples on her forehead and chin. Does this mean that puberty is around the corner? I don't really see any other signs, except maybe she is overly emotional lately.

mom2twingirl797

Asked by mom2twingirl797 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• yep an to help with acne the best thing is putting peroxide on a cottonball an cleaning affected area with it but it can dry out skin so moisturize if that starts to happen trust me its the best an cheapest thing outthere
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• As for the acne I can help with that. I've worked in dermatology for almost five years. You can get acne at any age for any reason. Get her Neutrogena oil free foaming face wash this should help wash once in the morning and once at night.
    Lydiasmom1402

Answer by Lydiasmom1402 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Not around the corner...shes IN puberty. Anything from budding breasts, body odor, acne, hormonal outbursts, ect...are signs of puberty. As for the acne, my older dd , now 15 went through this very badly and we did the whole dermatology thing. They start out with very mild peroxide based products and also sometimes an antibiotic depending on how bad it is. Our second visit, he moved her up to the next strongest med and I hated the idea of her being on medication all the time and it only worked so so. Dermatology meds are expensive and they require you to stay out of the sun. Her skin was burning, she couldnt swim or even be outside without long sleeves and it was 95 degrees. My grandmother read an article about acne and how a mom had tried Milk of Magnesia, the regular kind. My dd ditched the meds and started using a MOM mask every night. Her face is completely acne free and even the scars are disappearing. Im impressed.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2009