Air Force or Navy?

I've always wanted to join the military, but I'm not sure which one to go for. I have an A.A. and will join as an officer but have not made my mind for Air Force or Navy? In your perspective which one is better? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• airforce if you have family...they are more family oriented...i grew up as an airforce brat and it was good! i actually miss living on base.
    navy is good too...i have a bunch of friends in the navy..but they arent AS family oriented...one of my friends lost her babysitter and she called her CO and he actually said "i dont care, give the kid up for adoption, but you have to be here." also plan to do lots of shore leave....if your single and dont have any kids though its the BEST one to be in...one of my single friends was in the navy and he had a BALL....he even got stationed in hawaii for a bit! but always remember...navy tends to be the second to be called into action if there is a war...first is usually the airforce reserves...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i agree with the above poster.
    Air Force for your family.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• to join the Navy as an officer you must have a bachelors or higher. and assoiciates degree wion't cut it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't know who told you that but you need a B.A. to become a officer. I would go air force!! They have so much more money and nicer housing!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Air Force. They have better stuff (more money/funding) and they are deployed less often which makes things a lot easier on families.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Another vote for Air Force! You probably need to check on the officer thing. I know someone who has joined, but is in college first - his school is being paid for, so maybe you could go ahead and get your B.A. and get it paid for! GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• as an AF brat who had Navy brat friends, AF is better. they deploy a lot less often & when they do deploy it isnt for as long. over-seas is easier if you are AF too. AF must have more funding b/c our base was always better kept up than the Navy & Army bases. but then it coulda been b/c it had more ppl living on it. you also dont have to do as much PT haha.

and im pretty sure the anons are right. you have to have a bachelors to be an officer depending on what you AA degree is in. my father had 2 years of college when he joined up but it didnt matter, he still went in as a NCO.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My ex-husband was in the Air Force and the housing was MUCH nicer on the AF Base than next door on the Naval Base. Also, you are a lot more likely to be gone for long periods of time in the Navy. If you have or want children, you should definitely check out the AF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Navy has a huge wait right now to get in... my DH was navy and we loved it, but we have AF friends who loved it too.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 3:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I joined the navy with an A.A. and I was just so lucky to join as an E3 because of it. I'd go AF. The bases are nicer.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009